Zesty Seared Sea Scallop Pasta
This pasta dish is a perfect balance of flavors, with the sweet and succulent scallops complementing the tangy and zesty lemon sauce. The garlic and basil add depth of flavor, while the red pepper flakes give it a little kick of heat. It's a quick and easy meal that's perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion.
- 1 pound linguini pasta
- 1 pound scallops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the scallops to the skillet.
- Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Once done, remove the scallops from the skillet and set them aside.
- To the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Then, add the lemon juice and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, and toss to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Add the scallops back into the skillet, and toss everything together.
- Serve pasta and scallops in bowls, garnished with fresh basil. Enjoy your Seared Scallop Linguini Pasta with Olive Oil, Lemon, Garlic, Basil and Red Pepper Flakes!
This pasta dish is a great way to elevate your weeknight dinners, and is sure to impress any guests you may have over. The scallops are cooked to perfection and the lemon garlic sauce is the perfect complement. And If you like a bit of heat, don’t hesitate to add more red pepper flakes.