Surf & Turf Box
Ultra-Premium Grade, Wild-Caught & Sustainable
This classic surf and turf pairs famous Maine Lobster Tails with 21-28 day wet aged Filet Mignon. Maine lobster is prized as one of the most sustainably fished products in the world and is known to be the best and sweetest. The steaks are Black Angus filet mignons prized for their exquisite flavor and generous, fat marbling. Expertly hand-trimmed this cut deals a uniform end result with no excess fat or gristle. Experience first class dining at home with this carefully curated box.
This Box Includes:
- 5-6oz Maine Lobster Tails
- 5oz Filet Mignons (24 day wet aged, hand trimmed)
- Detailed Cooking Instructions
- Free Shipping
- The Recipe
Orders ship Monday-Wednesday. Shipping takes 1-2 days. The order cutoff time is 12pm EST for 1-2 day shipping. This box ships at no charge.
We do not ship on holidays, the eve of a holiday or in inclement weather.
Packing Information: We ship your seafood in a neatly packed reusable box with dry ice. Be careful not to touch the dry ice with your bare skin!
Storing Information: As soon as your order arrives, place your seafood in the refrigerator for use within 2-3 days or freeze for later use. Do not refreeze after thawing.
Maine lobster has long been known to be the best and sweetest. It's the cold waters of New England that lock in the flavor and keep the lobsters from absorbing excess salt. The larger a lobster grows the less meat is in the tail. Maine has very stringent regulations preventing lobster boats from catching lobsters that are either too small or too large. Maine lobster is prized as one of the most sustainably fished products in the world.
Black Angus beef is prized for its great flavor and generous, even fat marbling; this meat comes from Black Angus cattle that are hand-raised with care to ensure a tender texture and exquisite taste. This steak is cut from the very tip of the tenderloin; because this muscle bears no weight, it never develops any dense connective tissue, making filet mignon the most tender cut of beef. This tenderness, coupled with its especially mild flavor, has made filet mignon arguably the most prized and valuable steak on the market. Thanks to meticulous butchery standards, this filet mignon is expertly hand-trimmed for a uniform end result with none of the fat and gristle left behind by grocery store cuts. When cooked to medium-rare perfection, this fork-tender, melt-in-your-mouth steak makes a truly show-stopping meal.
Frozen vs. Fresh: Freezing seafood properly like we do ensures the quality of our product better than the majority of fresh seafood out there. Most “fresh” fish you will find is frozen at some point. Our seafood is flash frozen shortly after catch, when the product is at peak freshness. This not only locks in flavor and nutrients, but ensures the highest quality product possible.
Thawing: For best results place lobster and steak in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to cooking. For faster results thaw at room temperature for a few hours. For immediate results seal steak and lobster in a plastic bag and thaw in a bowl submerged in cold water. Change the water every 10 minutes until thawed. We highly recommend thawing this premium seafood in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
1. In a small sauce pan on low heat melt the butter. Add Narragansett Bay Seasoning (optional shallot, garlic and parsley) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Alternatively, you can make an amazing compound butter with the same ingredients by combining the butter (at room temperature) with the Narragansett Bay Seasoning, shallot, garlic and parsley in a bowl with a fork. Once combined transfer the butter mixture to a sheet of wax or parchment paper. Form a log shape with the butter, roll it up tightly and freeze for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF and position the oven rack to center height.
3. Prepare your lobster tails by placing the tails top side up, on a cutting board. Using kitchen shears, carefully cut a slit down the center of each shell stopping at the fan of the tail. Loosen the meat from the inside of the shell with your fingers and carefully pull the meat out leaving it attached to the fan end. Then press the two sides of the empty shell together and rest the meat on top. See picture on front for example.*
Rinse the tails under cold water and remove the vein that runs along the top of the meat if visible.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place the lobster tails on the sheet and brush the meat with your melted Narragansett Bay butter. This is where you could top each tail with a pad of your compound butter. Set tails aside.
5. Prepare the Filet Mignons by drizzling 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the steaks and seasoning both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet or oven safe frying pan on medium-high heat. When oil begins to smoke add the steaks. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. When the steaks are done searing transfer the pan into the preheated oven and cook for 4-8 minutes until they reach your desired doneness. (for medium-rare: 125-130°F; medium: 135°F; medium-well: 145°F).
6. As the steaks are cooking add the lobster tails to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes. (They should be firm and opaque when done).
7. Remove steaks from oven and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes while the lobster finishes cooking.
8. Serve the filet and lobster tails together on a plate and top both with melted Narragansett Bay butter or pads of compound butter. Use lemon wedges for garnish. Roasted potatoes or green beans are a great side for this surf and turf.
- Customer satisfaction is at the top of our list. We are so sure that you will love our products, we guarantee them 100%. If you are not pleased with your experience in any way please reach out for a full refund or product replacement.