Seabass Umami Box
Ultra-Premium Grade, Wild-Caught & Sustainable
This luxurious combination of Wild Chilean Seabass, Fly by Jing Zhong Sauce and Delta Blues Mississippi Jasmine Rice will take your seafood dining experience to places you never imagined.
Said to be the most prestigious fish in the sea Chilean Seabass is often regarded as one of the most flavorful fish in the world because of its buttery, rich taste. Fly by Jing Zhong Sauce makes an intensely delicious accompaniment to the fish with its sweet, tangy, spicy, and umami-rich flavor profile. It's a dreamlike concoction of aromatic "fuzhi" soy sauce, slow-brewed with brown sugar, mushrooms, garlic, and a blend of spices.
This Box Includes:
- Chilean Seabass Portions (8oz, skinless)
- Fly By Jing Zhong Sauce
- Delta Blues Mississippi Jasmine Rice
- PrimeFish Chop Sticks
- Detailed Cooking Instructions
- The Recipe
Orders ship Monday-Wednesday. Shipping takes 1-2 days. The order cutoff time is 12pm EST for 1-2 day shipping.
We do not ship on holidays, the eve of a holiday or in inclement weather.
Packing Information: We ship your seafood in a neatly packed reusable box with dry ice. Be careful not to touch the dry ice with your bare skin!
Storing Information: As soon as your order arrives, place your seafood in the refrigerator for use within 2-3 days or freeze for later use. Do not refreeze after thawing.
Our trusted source for Chilean Seabass is Kendell Seafood Imports — a company that has provided a world class, sustainable product for over 25 years. Their portions are served in the finest restaurants around the world and fished in compliance with The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) and The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CAMLAR) ensuring adherence with quotas, location of catch and sustainability parameters.
Fly By Jing Zhong Sauce is a sweet, tangy, spicy, and umami-rich flavor profile. It's a dreamlike concoction of aromatic "fuzhi" soy sauce, slow-brewed with brown sugar, mushrooms, garlic, and a blend of spices.
Delta Blues Jasmine Rice is known for its Southeast Asian roots, delicate fragrance and soft, sticky texture. Most brands process and package their rice in a way that dissipates the jasmine scent. Not Delta Blues Rice. This single-variety rice crop is minimally processed to preserve freshness and give you the most authentic, deliciously homegrown product possible.
Frozen vs. Fresh: Freezing seafood properly like we do ensures the quality of our product better than the majority of fresh seafood out there. Most “fresh” fish you will find is frozen at some point. Our seafood is flash frozen shortly after catch, when the product is at peak freshness. This not only locks in flavor and nutrients, but ensures the highest quality product possible.
Thawing: For best results place Chilean Seabass portions in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to cooking. For faster results thaw at room temperature for a few hours. For immediate results seal Seabass in a plastic bag and thaw in a bowl submerged in cold water. Change the water every 10 minutes until thawed. We highly recommend thawing this premium seafood in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove fish from packaging and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
2. In a small sauce pan combine 1 cup of Delta Blues Jasmine Rice with 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover and simmer on low for about 15 minutes or until water has absorbed and rice is tender. Keep covered, remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. While rice is cooking heat 1 tablespoon of neutral oil in a medium sized, oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Sear the Seabass on one side until crispy and golden brown (3-5 min).
3. Flip the fish over so the seared side is facing up, uncap and mix your Fly By Jing Zhong Sauce and generously spoon the sauce over the Seabass.
4. Bake the Seabass for 8-10 minutes. The fish should reach and internal temperature of 145°F Serve in a bowl atop rice. We recommend adding more Zhong Sauce, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Customer satisfaction is at the top of our list. We are so sure that you will love our products, we guarantee them 100%. If you are not pleased with your experience in any way please reach out for a full refund or product replacement.