Ōra King Salmon Grill Box
Sustainably Certified & Premium Grade
Up your grilling experience with our Ōra King Salmon Grill Box. The "Wagyu of salmon" pairs perfectly with our sweet and tangy Maine(ly) Maple seasoning atop a bed of smokey cedar. If perfect combinations exist, this is one of them.
8.5oz skin-on, boneless portions.
Included in the box:
- Ōra King Salmon Portions (8.5oz, skin on, boneless)
- Maine(ly) Maple Seasoning by Ocean State Pepper Co
- Cedar Planks
- Detailed Grilling Instructions
Maine(ly) Maple Seasoning by Ocean State Pepper Co.
Take a trip to the north woods with the flavors of thyme and powdered lemon juice tastefully blended with cracked black pepper, sea salt, and pure 100% Maine sourced maple sugar. A perfect mix of sweet and salty.
Ingredients: Maple sugar, black pepper, sea salt, lemon juice powder, thyme.
- Ōra King Salmon
- How To Grill
"A unique breed of king salmon for culinary excellence."
Ōra King is to salmon as Wagyu is to beef. The naturally high oil content in Ōra King salmon can be seen in the striking marbled fat lines within the bright orange flesh, instantly drawing comparison to Wagyu.
Sustainably raised in the crystal clear waters of New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds, Ōra King Salmon has an elegant balance of sweet and umami flavors, while its bright silver skin and vibrant orange flesh has unsurpassed plate appeal. Its texture has a distinctive bite and inherent creaminess, while its mouthfeel is light, buttery and soft. The rich oil profile of the fish keeps the salmon moist and protects from overcooking. Ōra King is prized as the go-to for Michelin-starred restaurants, and just may be the finest salmon in the world.
No genetically modified ingredients, no antibiotics & no growth hormones.
Ōra King salmon is nature's superfood. Being an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids.
Origin: New Zealand
Orders ship Monday-Wednesday. Shipping takes 1-2 days. The order cutoff time is 12pm EST for 1-2 day shipping. All orders arrive frozen.
We do not ship on holidays, the eve of a holiday or in inclement weather.
Packing Information: We ship your seafood in a neatly packed reusable box with dry ice. Be careful not to touch the dry ice with your bare skin!
Storing Information: As soon as your order arrives, place your seafood in the refrigerator for use within 2-3 days or freeze for later use. Do not refreeze after thawing.
Ōra King Salmon is sustainably raised in the crystal clear waters of New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds. The water flowing from Te Waikoropupū Springs is some of the clearest, cleanest water in the world. The Ōra King company is focused on creating the world’s finest King salmon whilst responsibly managing their resources for the long term. Each step of the King salmon journey is one of care and consideration. The Ōra King process can be tracked through three stages of preparation: freshwater, seawater, and processing. 25 years of comprehensive breeding expertise has created a process of choosing a select few New Zealand salmon to be branded as "Ōra King" salmon. These are the best of the best - with the most appealing taste, texture, color and size. Learn more on the Ōra King website.
Frozen vs. Fresh: Freezing seafood properly like we do ensures the quality of our product better than the majority of fresh seafood out there. Most “fresh” fish you will find is frozen at some point. Our seafood is flash frozen shortly after catch, when the product is at peak freshness. This not only locks in flavor and nutrients, but ensures the highest quality product possible.
Thawing: Remove from plastic packaging. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Once thawed, consume within one to two days. For faster thawing place packaged fish in a bowl filled with cold water and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.Preheat grill to medium-high heat (400 to 450ºF).
1. In a baking dish soak cedar planks for 1-2 hours. You can soak the planks in salted water, wine, cider or even sake. Your choice!
Soaking the planks prevents them from catching fire while grilling. A heavy bottle can prevent the planks from floating to the top while soaking.
2. Thaw Ora King Salmon portions and pat dry with paper towel. Season generously with Maine(ly) Maple Seasoning. Set aside.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat (400 to 450ºF). Place soaked cedar planks on the grill and close lid. When the planks begin to smoke and lightly char (7-10 min) remove them from the grill with tongs. Close the lid and allow grill to reheat.
4. Place each seasoned salmon portion skin side down on the planks charred side up and place on the grill. Cook for about 15 minutes with the lid closed or until salmon becomes opaque. It should have an internal temperature of 450ºF.
5. Serve with lemon wedges and desired sides.
- Customer satisfaction is at the top of our list. We are so sure that you will love our products, we guarantee them 100%. If you are not pleased with your experience in any way please reach out for a full refund or product replacement.