Hot Honey Salmon Box
Ultra-Premium Grade, Wild-Caught & Sustainable
This spicy-sweet, simple yet remarkable combination will open your eyes to a whole new world of salmon. Ōra King Salmon, "The Wagyu of Salmon" has an elegant balance of sweet and umami flavors, with a distinctive bite, inherent creaminess and buttery and soft mouthfeel. Mike's Hot Honey is a Brooklyn founded sweet-heat combo of honey infused with chili peppers that adds the perfect kick. Mike’s Hot Honey only uses high quality, pure honey sourced from the US, Argentina and Brazil and test each batch of honey to authenticate its origin and purity. This unique box is perfect for healthy dinners, backyard barbecues, dinner parties and more. This is a unique and delicious way to experience salmon.
This Box Includes :
- Ōra King Portions (8.5oz, skin-on)
- Mike's Hot Honey (12oz Squeeze Bottle)
- Basting Brush
- Detailed Cooking Instructions
- The Recipe
Orders ship Monday-Wednesday. Shipping takes 1-2 days. The order cutoff time is 12pm EST for 1-2 day shipping. This box ships at no charge.
We do not ship on holidays, the eve of a holiday or in inclement weather.
Packing Information: We ship your seafood in a neatly packed reusable box with dry ice. Be careful not to touch the dry ice with your bare skin!
Storing Information: As soon as your order arrives, place your seafood in the refrigerator for use within 2-3 days or freeze for later use. Do not refreeze after thawing.
Ōra King Salmon is sustainably raised in the crystal clear waters of New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds. The water flowing from Te Waikoropupū Springs is some of the clearest, cleanest water in the world. The Ōra King company is focused on creating the world’s finest King salmon whilst responsibly managing their resources for the long term. Each step of the King salmon journey is one of care and consideration. The Ōra King process can be tracked through three stages of preparation: freshwater, seawater, and processing. 25 years of comprehensive breeding expertise has created a process of choosing a select few New Zealand salmon to be branded as "Ōra King" salmon. These are the best of the best - with the most appealing taste, texture, color and size.
Mike’s Hot Honey is America’s leading brand of hot honey. Founded in 2010 by Mike Kurtz, the brand was born from a desire to create and share the highest quality honey infused with chili peppers. Mike began drizzling his signature hot honey on pizzas at the Brooklyn pizzeria where he worked, and customers started to ask if they could buy bottles to take home.
Mike’s Hot Honey became a word-of-mouth sensation, sparking the creation of a new category of honey. Headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, Mike’s Hot Honey can now be found on restaurant menus and retail shelves across the US.
Frozen vs. Fresh: Freezing seafood properly like we do ensures the quality of our product better than the majority of fresh seafood out there. Most “fresh” fish you will find is frozen at some point. Our seafood is flash frozen shortly after catch, when the product is at peak freshness. This not only locks in flavor and nutrients, but ensures the highest quality product possible.
Thawing: For best results place Ōra King Salmon portions in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to cooking. For faster results thaw at room temperature for a few hours. For immediate results seal salmon in a plastic bag and thaw in a bowl submerged in cold water. Change the water every 10 minutes until thawed. We highly recommend thawing this premium seafood in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Pat the Ōra King Salmon portions dry, season with salt and pepper, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Letting the seasoned salmon sit for 30 minutes allows the fish to slightly cure, which improves texture and intensifies flavor. Although this step is recommended it is not required.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the Mike’s Hot Honey, whole grain mustard, garlic, soy sauce and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray and place salmon on the sheet skin side down. Generously brush the Hot Honey sauce on the salmon. Save a small amount of the sauce for later.
4. Bake the salmon for 8-10 minutes. Remove salmon from oven and set the oven to broil. Brush the remainder of the Hot Honey sauce on the salmon and broil for 2 minutes with the oven door slightly open. You can also remove the salmon at your desired doneness. Rare: less than 120ºF; Medium-Rare: 125ºF to 130ºF; Medium: 135ºF to 140ºF; Well-Done: 145ºF or more. We recommend medium doneness.
- Customer satisfaction is at the top of our list. We are so sure that you will love our products, we guarantee them 100%. If you are not pleased with your experience in any way please reach out for a full refund or product replacement.