Yellowfin Tuna Tostadas
2 (3oz) Prime Fish yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 small (about 5½”) corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp chipotle mayonnaise, or more to taste
- ⅓ cup red cabbage, shredded"
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved & cut into ⅓-inch thick slices
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, trimmed & thinly sliced
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
Add all the marinade ingredients to a medium-sized, non-reactive dish such as glass or ceramic, and stir together.
- Add the Prime Fish tuna steaks to the marinade and refrigerate for one hour, turning them every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove the tuna from the marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick skillet on high heat. When hot sear the Prime Fish tuna steaks on each side for 30 seconds. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high, add a dash of oil if needed and fry the tortillas until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Remove from the pan and pat off any excess oil with some kitchen paper.
- Spread a tablespoon of chipotle mayonnaise on each tortilla and pile half the cabbage on top of each tortilla.
- Slice the tuna into ⅓-inch thick slices. Place the tuna on top of the cabbage and add the slices of avocado. If slicing the avocado ahead of time, toss in a little lemon juice to stop it from browning.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scatter over the sliced green onions.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges if desired.