Spicy Corn Muffins with Snow Crab, Herbs, and Cheese
Indulge in these flavorful muffins that carry the zest of spicy corn, the luxury of snow crab, and the earthy aroma of herbs. Topped with cheese that perfectly complements the rich crab meat, these muffins make for a delightful treat at any time of the day. Enjoy the experience!
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 8 oz snow crab cocktail claws (meat removed from the shell)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, chives)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or a similar variety)
- 1-2 finely chopped red chili peppers (optional for extra spice)
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease them well.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cayenne pepper.
In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
Fold in the corn kernels, crab meat, herbs, and chopped chili peppers (if using).
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with the batter. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a generous amount of shredded cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.