Panko-Crusted Cobia in Seaweed-Miso Jam
1 (6 oz) Open Blue Cobia portion
(Remove from bag, thaw, clean & pat-dry)
* Seaweed-Miso jam
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (plain)
Salt & pepper Maitake, leeks & baby carrots. Lemon wedge
Brush some Seaweed jam over the veges.
Cook, bake/grill veges.
1. Take a couple spoons of jam & marinate the fish.
2. Heat up frying pan with oil, keep it at medium-heat.
3. While pan is heating, brush another layer of jam on the top & bottom of the fish.
4. Coat Cobia with breadcrumbs keeping the sides Panko-free.
5. Gently place the fish onto the pan, fry for 3-min. Flip, and fry for another 3-min.
* Seaweed-Miso Jam:
1/3 cup Miso (White)
1/8 cup sugar
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp Sake (or white wine)
1/2 sheet (15-20 gram) Nori, break into pieces
1/2 tsp Shitake mushroom powder
Black pepper, to taste
2-3 tbsp butter, room temperature
1. In a blender, mix all the ingredients.
2. In a heated pan, gently heat butter.
3. Stir in jam mixture, cook at low heat until dressing turns glossy.
4. Adjust taste, ie. salt, pepper, chili flakes