Romesco Chilean Sea Bass
Topped with peanut Romesco sauce and accompanied by nutty farro and lemon basil paste, this dish is hearty and healthy.
- 2 portions (6oz) Prime Fish Chilean sea bass, thawed
- 1 cup farro
- 6 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock, warmed
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated
Peanut Romesco Sauce
- 1 oz. unsalted peanuts (or almonds)
- 3 thick slices white bread
- 1 ½ cups. red bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Puree the basil, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add chopped shallots and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the farro to the saucepan and stir constantly until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the saucepan and stir until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of hot stock to the farro and stir constantly until the stock is completely absorbed before adding more stock. Continue this process of adding a cup of stock at a time, until the farro is creamy and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Take the farro off the heat and stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, pecorino cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the basil sauce and set aside.
- Prepare the Romesco sauce. Toast the peanuts on a tray in the oven and set aside.
- Lightly toast the slices of white bread and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on medium heat sauté the red bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic until the bell pepper is tender.
- Add the peanuts, bread, red bell pepper and tomato sauce mixture to a stand blender. Slowly add the olive oil whilst pulsing the mixture, until you have a smooth sauce.
- In a separate oven-proof sauté skillet on medium-high heat, warm two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove thawed Prime Fish Chilean sea bass portions from their packaging, pat dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear both sides of the sea bass until golden brown.
- Once browned, place the sea bass skillet in oven to finish cooking, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reheat the faro whilst the sea bass is cooking.
- Plate the farro and place sea bass on top.
- Top with a generous amount of Romesco sauce and enjoy!