Octopus, Pesto & Cherry Tomato Pizza
- 4 oz Prime Fish Spanish Octopus Tentacles, thawed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (12-inch) pizza shell (crust)
- 3 tbsp green pesto sauce
- 2 – 2 ½ oz shredded Italian cheese blend (½ - ⅔ cup)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 oz small yellow cherry tomatoes (about 18-20)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 425° F. If you have one, place a pizza stone on the middle rack. Alternatively place a large baking tray upside-down on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Pat dry the Prime Fish Spanish octopus tentacles with kitchen paper. Slice the tentacles into ¼-inch thick rounds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pizza shell on a board. Spread the pesto sauce evenly over the pizza shell, leaving a ½-inch border. Scatter over the shredded cheese.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and gently sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced octopus and lightly brown on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- While the octopus is sautéing, add the yellow cherry tomatoes to the pizza. If you can’t find any small, yellow cherry tomatoes you can use the bigger red variety. Cut in half or quarters, as needed.
- Take the pan from the heat and remove the octopus to a bowl. Add the octopus to the pizza and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Place the pizza on the pizza stone (or tray) and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
- Optional: add a grind of pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil before serving.