Miso-Glazed Ōra King Salmon
1 (8.5 oz) Skin-on Ora King Salmon portion
(thawed & cleaned, cut into 2 portions)
* Miso Marinade
Cornstarch (light coat the fish)
1. Place portioned cut Salmon into marinade bag.
2. Store & refrigerate overnight.
3. Remove Salmon from bag, gently wipe the marinade off & let Salmon sit at room temperature for 10-mins.
4. Lightly dust all sides with cornstarch, especially the skin making sure it's dry so it doesn't stick to pan & to achieve crispy skin.
5. Heat oil in pan. Gently place Salmon pieces (skin side down) into the pan.
6. Fry for about 2-3-min on medium, or until skin is crisp & browned.
7. Flip Salmon over, meat down with skin side up, for 1.5-2-min. THEN, flip to large portion of the fillet meat down, continue to fry for another 1.5-2-min. at medium to medium-low per side/until flesh turns opaque.
8. Remove from pan, ready to serve.
* Miso Marinade:
1/4 cup Miso paste (White for softer subtle taste)
2 tbsp *Sake
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp sugar
Pinch of Salt
1. In a ziplock bag, mix marinade well.
2. Taste & may adjust marinade, ready to use.