Kimchi-Yuzu Seared Scallops
(Thaw, remove muscle tag, clean & pat-dry)
* Kimchi Yuzu Marinade
2-3 tbsp cooking oil (to pan-sear scallops)
2 tbsp butter (to make sauce)
1-2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp scallions, chopped
1. Take 1-tbsp of the Marinade mix to marinate scallops for 10-min.
2. Remove & lightly pat-dry marinated scallops.
3. Heat oil in a pan to high, gently place scallops in. Quickly turn to medium heat once it starts to sizzle & turns lightly golden crisped. Cook for 1.5-2-min. per side.
(In the picture, total cook time : 3-min.)
4. Remove scallops from pan.
5. In the same pan, heat up butter at medium-low, toss in garlic, lightly fry until brown.
6. Stir in the any remaining unused marinade to make a quick sauce.
* May spoon some over scallops & serve it as is or over pasta/vege.
* Kimchi Yuzu Marinade:
1 1/2 tbsp Kimchi juice
1 1/2 tbsp Yuzu juice
1-2 tbsp seafood soy sauce (sub: light soy/Tamari)
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
* Please taste test first & adjust as needed.
By Shirley Lim @hakka.moi