Apple & Peanut Grilled Octopus Salad
Crisp apple, quinoa and peanuts make this salad flavorful and satisfying. Add the citrus vinaigrette and it’s a savory meal or side.
- 8oz Prime Fish Spanish octopus tentacles, thawed
- ½ lb tri-colored quinoa
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 small honey crisp apple, cored and diced
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ bulb fennel, shaved or thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 3 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- To prepare the citrus vinaigrette: add all the vinaigrette ingredients, except the olive oil, to a stand blender. Pulse the mixture until well combined. With the blender on a slow setting, slowly add the olive oil and blend until the dressing thickens. Set aside.
- Brush the octopus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a griddle pan on high heat on the stovetop, or on an outdoor grill, char the octopus tentacles on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- For the best results, shave the fennel using a Mandoline slicer, otherwise slice as thinly as possible. In a mixing bowl combine the arugula, apple, chickpeas, fennel, pine nuts, peanuts and grape tomatoes. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat the ingredients.
- Place the salad on a plate and add the whole, or sliced, octopus on top.
- Sprinkle over the quinoa and serve.