Grilled Octopus w/ Harissa Sauce
Grilled octopus is charred, yet remains tender and flavorful. Adding Harissa sauce with a kick of jalapeño and herbs along with chorizo creates a tasty variation of this specialty seafood.
- 8 oz Prime Fish Spanish octopus tentacles, thawed
- 1 link fresh Spanish chorizo
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 medium-sized fingerling potatoes, halved
- ½ cup whole pitted kalamata olives
Green Harissa sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- While the oven is heating, prepare the green harissa sauce. Add all the green harissa ingredients to a stand blender. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- Brush the potatoes and fennel with olive oil and place on a baking pan. Roast in the oven until just tender. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Add the chorizo link to a skillet on medium-high heat, turning occasionally.
- Add the octopus to the skillet and sauté until browned on each side. If desired the skin may be removed from tentacles before browning.