Chilean Sea Bass Scampi Pizza
- 1 portion (6 oz) Prime Fish Chilean Sea Bass, thawed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp pizza tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 – 2 ½ oz shredded Italian cheese blend (½ - ⅔ cup)
- 1 (12-inch) pizza shell (crust)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 425° F. If you have one, place a pizza stone on the middle rack. Alternatively place a large baking tray upside-down on the middle rack of the oven.
- Pat both sides of the Prime Fish Chilean sea bass fillet dry with kitchen paper. Slice the fish into 4 equal pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan on medium heat.
- When the butter has melted add the garlic and gently sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in the oregano and lemon juice.
- Add the fish slices and lightly brown on both sides for about 2 minutes. Take the pan from the heat and remove the fish.
- Place the pizza shell on a board. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza shell, leaving a ½-inch border. Spoon the pan juices over the tomato sauce.
- Scatter over the shredded cheese and place the fish slices evenly around the pizza shell. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Place the pizza on the pizza stone (or tray) and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
- To serve scatter over the sliced scallion and, optionally, a grind of pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- To give the pizza an extra flavor boost, add some thinly sliced Prime Fish Spanish octopus tentacles to the pizza. Season the octopus with salt and pepper, and add to the pan when the fish has about a minute left of cooking time.