Buttermilk Fried Shrimp
Ingredients1lb PrimeFish Mexican Blue Shrimp
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups all purpose flour
4 cups neutral frying oil
2 tbsp Narragansett Bay Seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning
Remoulade seafood sauce
- In a large bowl mix the buttermilk with 1 tbsp of Narragansett or Old Bay Seasoning. Add the shrimp to the bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- While the shrimp soaks, heat a neutral oil to 375 degrees in a deep frying pan. The oil should be deep enough to cover half the shrimp.
- Mix together the flour and the rest of the seasoning in a bowl.
- Remove shrimp from the buttermilk and shake them out.
- Coat the shrimp in the flower mixture making sure they are completely covered.
- Fry the shrimp on each side for 1-2 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Serve with Remoulade sauce or your favorite seafood sauce.